SPIRE ENGINEERING, INC. is a full-service structural engineering firm located in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. With over 20 years of experience in the industry, we provide professional design services for commercial, industrial, institutional and residential projects. Our staff specializes in the design of conventional and composite structural steel, post-tensioned concrete, conventionally reinforced concrete, timber, masonry and precast concrete systems for office buildings, educational buildings, parking ramps, healthcare facilities, retail/entertainment venues, residential buildings and industrial/manufacturing facilities. We also conduct investigations of building failures and analyses of existing structures in connection with prospective additions, repairs and historic restorations.
Full services offered by the Spire Engineering team can range from preliminary schematic design through design development, construction documents, permit acquisition, bidding, and construction administration. Specialized services can involve the design of specialty elements, comparison of various configurations and structural materials, development of concepts to address specific design challenges and peer review of existing designs.
We take pride in providing creative solutions to complex problems that focus on ease of constructability and an economical design. By effectively listening to client goals we create a set of services tailored to benefit each project. We actively strive to be responsive, proactive, and work with a team focus to solve problems, maintain schedule, and provide excellence in structural design.
• M.S.C.E. – University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee; Milwaukee, WI
• B.S.C.E. – University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee; Milwaukee, WI
• American Society of Civil Engineers – Wisconsin Southeast Branch Budget & Finance Chairperson
• Structural Engineers Association of Wisconsin (SEAWI) – Member
• Post-Tensioning Institute – Member
• American Institute of Steel Construction – Member
Awards and Publications
• “NDE of Steel Bridges by Acoustic Emission”, by Ghorbanpoor and Rentmeester,
published in World Structures Congress, 1993