SPIRE ENGINEERING, INC. is a full-service structural engineering firm in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. With over 25 years of experience in the industry, we provide professional design services for commercial, industrial, institutional, and residential projects. Our staff specialize in the design of conventional and composite structural steel, post-tensioned concrete, conventionally reinforced concrete, timber, masonry and precast concrete systems for office buildings, educational buildings, parking ramps, healthcare facilities, retail/entertainment venues, multi-family residential buildings, and industrial/manufacturing facilities. We conduct investigations of building failures and analyses of existing structures in connection with prospective additions, repairs, and historic restorations.
Full services offered by the Spire Engineering team range from preliminary schematic design through design development, construction documents, permit acquisition, bidding, and construction administration. Specialized services involve the design of specialty elements, comparison of various configurations and structural materials, development of concepts to address specific design challenges and peer review of existing designs.
We are proud to provide creative solutions to complex problems with a focus on ease of constructability and an economical design. By effectively listening to client goals, we tailor our services to benefit individual projects. We actively strive to be responsive, proactive, and focused as a team to solve problems, maintain schedule, and provide excellence in structural design.
• MS in Civil Engineering – University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
• BS in Civil Engineering – University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
• American Society of Civil Engineers – Wisconsin Southeast Branch Budget & Finance Chairperson
• Structural Engineers Association of Wisconsin (SEAWI) – Member
• Post-Tensioning Institute – Member
• American Institute of Steel Construction – Member
Awards and Publications
• “NDE of Steel Bridges by Acoustic Emission,” by Ghorbanpoor and Rentmeester,
published in World Structures Congress, 1993